2018/2019 Lagos State Scholarships Often Asked Questions
Here are Frequently Asked Questions and Answers of the applicants of the Lagos State Scholarships Award Scheme:
do I apply for the Lagos State scholarship Award?
If you meet the requirements for a specific scholarship award, please complete
the application form accessible from online application link inside the
2. I am a Lagosian, but I reside and study in an
accredited Nigerian institution outside Lagos State. Am I qualified
Yes. Application is open to Lagos State
indigenes irrespective of institution location.
3. Does Lagos State Scholarship Board charge a processing fee for
Yes, LSSB does charge processing fee of
N2000 for applications.
4. Can I send an open application?
5. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to
maintain excellent academic performance and make presentation of progress report as evidence that they have moved to the
next stage of their programme..
6. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email
acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted,
ONLY if you are selected for an aptitude test.
7. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are
evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Shortlisted
candidates will then be invited to attend an aptitude test. Applicants not
shortlisted for the test will be notified accordingly.
8. How do I create my profile?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and
click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email
and return to www.scholastica.ng to
complete your user profile. Ensure you click LSSB Scholarship to open
scholarship page. Then click apply in the top right hand corner of your screen
9. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided.
To correct errors in your application please send an email to
email@example.com stating your correction and account details.
The field will be corrected with new information and a mail sent to you to
confirm that the correction has been effected
10. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my
application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once
submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when
submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the
application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your
application online. Refer to question 9 on how to do this.
11. When my details have been
corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do
I have to re-apply? No you don’t have to re-apply, corrections
effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
12. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and
upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload
other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from
the drop down list and upload.
13. What is the maximum size and image format of passport
photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be
14. I cannot find my university or course of study in the dropdown
list online. What do I do?
If your university is not on the list, send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of your Institution,
location of Institution, course of study and institution’s CGPA Scale. You will
be notified via email once the necessary fields have been corrected or
15. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation
of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this
confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an
email sent by email@example.com. You can visit your profile under “My Applications” to
view the status of your application.
16. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I
submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.
17. I applied on paper. Can I monitor my status online?
18. Who is eligible for
the Lagos State Tertiary Scholarship Awards ?
Lagos state indegenes, who are students in
Tertiary institutions in Nigeria and meet the eligibility criteria as
outlined on the eligibility page.
19. Do I need to be accepted into a particular tertiary institution in
Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of an
accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria.
20. Does my major have to be in engineering or related sciences’ to apply
for the scholarship?
No. The scholarship scheme’s eligibility
criterion clearly states that it is open to all students undergoing
tertiary programmes in Nigerian tertiary institutions(University, Polytechnic
& College of Education).
21. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
22. When is the scholarship
Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the
23. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award
type / category that apply to you, ensure that you read and follow the
eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the
format advertised, and provide all the required documentation.
Click the below links for the
24. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and
provide the documentation requested. Basically, applications from all candidates must be
• Clear scanned copies of their University Matriculation Examination (UTME)
• JAMB or University/Polytechnic/College of Education Admission Letter;
• School Identity card;
• O/Level Result;
• A/level Result (for students admitted through direct entry);
• A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (at least four months
• Lagos State Resident Registration Agency (LASSRA) registration card
Visit http://lagosresidents.gov.ng to register and learn more about the
Lagos State resident Registration Agency
• Letter of identification from Oba
• Letter of identification from local government• Evidence of Consolidated Payment confirmation slip
25. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship
No. Faxed or email applications or components
will not be accepted.
26. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or community?