Call for Entries Opens for the Research Grant Award Competition of the Abimbola Aina Omololu-Mulele Annual Lecture Endowment in Obstetrics and Gynecology for UNILAG Staff in 2019 Over [₦3,000,000.00 Grant].
The Board of Trustees of the Abimbola Aina Omololu-Mulele Annual
Lecture in Obstetrics and Gynaecology is desirous to encourage research
and create greater awareness of the goals and objectivmyes of the Abimbola
Aina Omololu-Mulele Annual Lecture Endowment.
Further to this,
the Board calls for Entries for Research Grant Award Competition in
Obstetrics and Gynaecology for the 2019 Edition.
Rules and Criteria.
Board of Trustees of the Abimbola Aina Omololu-Mulele Annual Lecture
Endowment in Obstetrics and Gynaecology intends to award a limited number of grants yearly to a maximum sum of Three Million Naira (₦3,000,000.00).
Fund is designed for the exclusive use of the applicant’s research.
However, the main body of work must be undertaken by the applicant while
the non-essential parts may be carried out by other parties.
The Trustees main research interest will vary from year to year and this will be made known during the award of the grant.
is expected that the grant will normally be used for the purchase of
equipment, services or medical supplies or other related expenses.
the usual conditions of funding, no portion of the grant may be used
for personal expenses such as subscriptions to journals or magazines or
the payment of a research student stipend and will not normally be used
for the purchase of books. Only in exceptional circumstances, and
specifically to aid the furtherance of the research programme, may a
portion of the grant be used for travel; details of which must be
explicitly stated in the application.
Application and Assessment
- Applicants must be members of staff of the University of Lagos.
- Applications are limited to one per applicant or research group and MUST be submitted through the Head of Department.
- Applications from early to mid-career researchers are encouraged.
- Persons employed as research students will not be considered for funding.
- Applicants carrying out research under supervision are required to have their applications signed by their Supervisor.
- All applicants will be required to provide the names of two referees
(in addition to that of the Supervisor where Regulation 9 is
applicable). Normally, at least one of the referees should work in a
different institution. Referees should provide a reference that assesses
the content of the research proposal submitted.
- Applicants are required to provide a full research proposal including information on:
- The nature of the research which he/she desires to engage in and the nature of the scientific results expected to follow therefrom.
- Where the research is to be carried out.
- The approximate full cost of the research
and a breakdown of the proposed spending (expenditure) should the grant
be awarded. This should include quantities and approximate costs for
- What other sources of financial assistance
are available (if any) to the applicant for the research; whether these
are available in this instance and to what value.
- Each grantee will be required to provide a report of approximately1000 words on the progress of the research, together with a statement of expenditure.
The progress report should begin with a summary of the main conclusions
of the research. The report itself should include an outline of the
work done, techniques used, results obtained, conclusions reached and a
judgement of the success or otherwise of the project, together with
prospects for future development.
- The applicant will be
responsible for providing the reports, progress and final, together with
a financial statement showing monies received and how disbursed for the
general conduct of the research.
papers or publications describing investigations conducted with the aid
of the Abimbola Aina Omololu-Mulele Research grant must contain
acknowledgement of that fact. One reprint each of such publications
should be submitted with the final report as in paragraph 12 above or as
soon as possible thereafter.
- A grant will not normally be awarded to the same applicant for more than two consecutive award years.
Trustees reserve the right to modify the size of the grants in
accordance with the sums annually available in the Endowment Fund.
- The Trustees have the power to alter the above Regulations and to attach any other conditions it may deem desirable.
- The Trustees reserve the right to withhold the grant in the absence of eligible applications in any year.
- The Trustees decision is final and applications cannot be resubmitted or reconsidered in the same round.
Method of Application
DURATION OF APPLICATIONS: JANUARY 21 TO MARCH 4, 2019.
Application form can be obtained >>HERE
Please send your completed application to:
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
|1||Please give affiliation including department and university or institute.|
|2 and 3||Digital signatures may be used here. Please see the documentation for your specific software for more information.|
|7||Please include information on:
Please note that the main body of the research must be undertaken by the applicant (see regulation 3).
|8||Please include a copy of your CV.|
|10||The maximum award for the research fund is ₦3,000,000.00.|
|12 and 13||Your referees should be able to comment on your proposed project and your previous work to date.|
|14||Digital signatures may be used here.|