The Board of Trustees of the Professor Ayo Ogunye Professorial Chair in Chemical Engineering, awards a limited number of grants yearly to a maximum of N1,500,000.00.
A. The Fund is designed for the exclusive use of the applicant for his/her research.Or
B.The main body of work must be undertaken by the applicant while the non-essential parts may be carried out by other parties.
- The Trustees main research interest will vary from year to year and this will be made known during the call for the competition.
- It is expected that the grant will normally be used for the purchase of equipment, services or chemicals.
- Under the usual conditions of funding, no portion of the grant may be used for personal expenses such as the payment of an assistant or research student and will not normally be used for the purchase of books or subscriptions to journals or magazines. Only in exceptional circumstances, and specifically to aid the furtherance of the research programme, may a portion of the grant be used for travel; details of which must be explicitly stated in the application.
Application and Assessment
- Applicants must be members of a University or others carrying out independent research in Nigeria.
- Applications are limited to one per department and MUST be submitted through the Head of that department.
- Preference is given to those working in less well-endowed institutions. Applicants from early to mid-career researchers are encouraged.
- Persons employed as research students will not be considered for funding.
- Applicants carrying out research under supervision are required to have their applications signed by their Supervisor.
- All applicants will be required to provide the names of two referees (in addition to that of the Supervisor where Regulation 9 is applicable). Normally, at least one of the referees should work in a different institution. Referees should provide a reference that assesses the content of the research proposal submitted.
Applicants are required to provide information on:
i. The nature of the research which he/she desires to engage in and the nature of the scientific results expected to follow there from.
ii. Where the research is to be carried out.
iii. The approximate full cost of the research and a breakdown of the proposed spending (expenditure) should the grant be awarded. This should include quantities and approximate costs for each item.
iv. What other sources of financial assistance are available to the applicant for research; whether these are available in this instance and to what value.
- All papers or publications describing investigations conducted with the aid of the Professor Ayo Ogunye Research grant must contain acknowledgement of that fact. One reprint each of such publications should be submitted with the final report (see Regulation 12) or as soon as possible thereafter.
- A grant will not normally be awarded to the same applicant for more than two consecutive years.
- The Trustees reserve the right to modify the size of the grants in accordance with the sums annually accruing to the Fund.
- The Trustees have the power to alter the above Regulations and to attach any other conditions it may deem desirable.
- The Trustees reserve the right to withhold the grant in the absence of good applications in any year.
- The Trustees decision is final and applications cannot be resubmitted or reconsidered in the same round.
Completed applications are to be sent to this e-mail address: email@example.com
For the Guidance notes and Research Fund Form, Click here The PROFESSOR AYO OGUNYE Research Fund