Ambrose Alli University, AAU Ekpoma 2019 National Youth Service Corps, NYSC Batch “A” Mobilization Exercise Guidelines and Instructions to all Head of Departments, HOD’s and Students.
This is to inform all Head of Departments that preparation for for the NYSC 2019 Batch “A” Mobilization exercise has commenced.
Consequently, Head of Departments who have not obtained their USERNAME and PASSWORD are please requested to come to the Students Affairs Division with their Laptops and Modems to enable us create username and password for them, and also those that already obtained their username and passwords are to forward in soft and hard copy the BIO-DATA of all their students whose final degree examination results has been approved by the Senate but were not previously mobilized for service to the Students Affairs Division.
Detailed guidelines are as follows below:
1. That each Head of Departments should forward the Bio-Data of their students whose final Degree results has been approved by the Senate to the Dean of Students Affairs. Such Bio-Date must be in accordance with each BATCH of results in a given Academic Session.
2. That the Dean, Faculty of Clinical Sciences and Head, Department of Medical Laboratory Science should please forward only the Bio-Data of their students who will be completing their Housemanship/Internship by the 1st week of March, 2019 or those with evidence of completing theirs.
3. That the Bio-Data of each students should be obtained from the Students Personal File as submitted on admission to the Department.
4. That the Head of Department should not accept or forward the name of any student found to have mutilated his/her date of birth in the Eligibility Form in the personal file. Such student should be referred to the Students Affairs Officer.
5. That the head of Department should personally sign each page of the bio-data list before submission.
6. That each batch of Senate Approved Results for any particular academic session should be attached to each of the bio-data list [for guidance only]
7. That on no account should a students whose bio-data was earlier submitted to the Students Affairs Division by the Department or who was previously mobilized by NYSC or exempted for any reason, be included on the required list. Such student should be refereed to the Students Affairs Officer for re-validation or counseling.
8. That on no account should a student who had been expelled, suspended, rusticated, withdrawn, or facing any disciplinary actions, be included on the list by the Head of Department.
9. That the bio-data list and the Senate Approved results of Part-Time or Sandwich Students be collected separately Batch by Batch, in accordance with each academic session and forward same to the Dean of Students to enable the NYSC to process their Exemption/Exclusion Certificates.
10. JAMB has introduced a new policy so as from henceforth, all HOD’s should inform their Graduands to visit the JAMB Website:www.jamb.org.ng/efacilty/checkmatriculationlist to check if their names are there to avoid their names falling into error upload.
11. That Part-Time/Sandwich Students do not need JAMB Registration Number for NYSC Mobilization, only Phone Numbers.
12. That any Married Woman desirous of concessional posting be requested to see the Students Affairs Officer with an Application, Marriage Certificate, Newspaper Publication of change of name, and a Letter from her husband employer.
13. That such Married Women whose Husbands are self-employed are requested to obtain such letters from the Local Government Secretariat where their husband reside.
14. That all Head of Departments should personally handle the Bio-Data list of their Students, as any Overaged students mobilized for service will be traced to the Head of Department Concerned.
15. That any Head of Department who is in doubt of any aspect of the above guidelines should see the Senior Assistant Registrar [Students] or Data Entry Officer for clarification.
16. That any submission not in conformity with the above guidelines will not be accepted by the division.
17. That NYSC has designed a platform for all Departments of all Producing Corps Institutions, hence all the Heads of Departments/representatives should come to the Students Affairs Division to obtain their USER ACCOUNT and PASSWORDS for data entry starting from 4th February to 7th February, 2019. All such entries should reach the Dean of Students Affairs on or before Thursday 24th February, 2019 without fail.
NOTE: Expedite action to avoid not mobilizing your students, please.
Senior Assistant Registrar/SAO
For: Dean of Students Affairs.