InterswitchSPAK 1.0 2019/2020 National Science Competition Guidelines
InterswitchSPAK 2.0 National Science Competition Registration Guidelines for 2019/2020 Edition | Qualifying Written Examination | Tv Quiz Show.
Dear Parents, Principals, Teachers, Students we are happy to inform you that the 2018/2019 InterswitchSPAK Version 2.0 registration opens on January 1st, 2019.
Meanwhile Check Out: InterswitchSPAK 1.0 TV Quiz Competition Media Schedule – 2018/2019
Similar to the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition the SPAK National Science Competition is a unique initiative, developed to identify, promote and reward outstanding secondary school science students in Nigeria.
InterswitchSPAK is an annual search across high schools (public and private) in Nigeria for only SS 2 (year 11) students between the ages of 14-17 years. It is introduced to chart the ideal career path and drive the student towards full optimization of their potentials and fulfillment of their dreams (either as an inventor or entrepreneur) with a key message of revving up the interest of students; parents, teachers and other key stakeholders towards STEM education and its application in Africa
InterswitchSPAK is a mix of education, entertainment and technology which fits into the drive for excellence and innovations.
The intention is to encourage students to pride up interest in sciences by creating the right ambience that would stimulate their performance with a key message of increasing the interest of Student, Parents, Teachers and other key stakeholders in Nigeria in the Sciences.
Participation on SPAK is FREE for all.
Over the years, research has revealed that the interest of students in the sciences has waned. This is as a result of inadequate teaching & learning aids; and the myth that the sciences are difficult study areas for young people.
However, for a country interested in growth and development, the foundation needs to be well laid especially in the area of science & technology.
In encouraging the study of science and promoting the various opportunities for sound science education for the Nigerian science student, SPAK has been designed basically for senior secondary school students in charting the ideal career path and driving them towards full optimization of their potentials and the fulfillment of their dreams.
Over the years, research has revealed that the
quality of STEM education; like other core areas in Africa has steadily
and gradually declined. This is as a result of various challenges such
inadequate funding; lack of interest from
students; unqualified teachers;inadequate learning aids, incessant
strikes/ industrial actions, just to mention a few.
In promoting the various
opportunities for sound education/background for the African student
especially as it relates to STEM, InterswitchSPAK Switch-a-Future
Initiative is being introduced predominantly for high school students to
chart the ideal career path and drive them towards full optimization of
their potentials / fulfillment of their dreams
(either as an inventor or entrepreneur) thereby
making Africa a better place to live in!
InterswitchSPAK switch-a-future Initiative is a unique concept developed to identify, promote and
ignite the right support and reward for STEM students in Africa.
- To arouse and sustain keen interest in the study of STEM in high schools across Africa.
- To raise the standard of STEM education and reward excellence with educational grants through an unbiased competition that would promote sound education in Africa.
- To create a vehicle that is genuinely interested in the growth, development and well-being of Africa students and teachers through various interventions including scholarship schemes for outstanding STEM students.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- This competition is open to students in SSS2 (year 11) between 14 – 17 years; attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria.
- Participation in this competition is FREE.
- Registration to participate is strictly online via https://interswitchspak.com/
- Each School is required to present their BEST six (6) students in Science (SS2 students), irrespective of sex, religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the second round of the competition.
- Mixed-schools are required to have at least two female students-amongst the six(6) that would represent them.
- There are many examination centers across Nigeria.
There are two main levels of the competition.
FIRST ROUND: WRITTEN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
In this stage, all the online registered students’ (i.e. the best SIX (6) from each registered school) will write a National qualifying examination conducted by NECO at designated centers across Nigeria including FCT, Abuja.
Each school is to prepare their representatives for the qualifying exams in four subjects- Mathematics, Physics; Chemistry & Biology based on the current year 11 WAEC/NECO syllabuses.
The National Qualifying Exams.
100 Objective questions in 75 minutes; 25 each from the 4 Subjects.
SECOND ROUND: TV QUIZ COMPETITION
The best 81 students (with the highest scores) out of those who wrote the qualifying examination will be invited to participate at this stage of the competition. This will be recorded and transmitted on Television across Nigeria and Africa.
The overall best three students per State will be recognized.
All students who make it to the TV quiz competition stage would get plagues, certificate of participation and educational grants amongst other things:
InterswitchSPAK Grand Cash Prizes for Teachers & Students – 2019/2020
InterswitchSPAK Winners Prize List
- 1st Position – 250,000 Naira
- 2nd Position – 150,000 Naira
- 3rd Position – 100,000 Naira
- 4th – 5th Position – 60,000 Naira each
- 6th – 9th Position – 50,000 Naira each
- 10th – 27t h Position – 30,000 Naira each
- 28th – 81st Position – 20,000 Naira each
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The SPAK National exam will hold as scheduled in the link here across Nigeria, please check the list of centers on https://interswitchspak.com/.
- Students must come to their designated examination centres by 10am for accreditation with their Registration slip duly signed and stamped by their school principal.
- Latecomers will not be allowed to write the examination.
- Students are to come along with only HB pencil, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Students must conduct themselves in an orderly manner
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the student.
- All students MUST come to the exam venue in their School Uniform.
- Please refer to examination centre list o check for the centre nearest to you.
- The competition is open to SS2 (year 11) students ONLY.
- Each school is to prepare their representatives for the qualifying exams in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics based on the current SS2 WAEC/NECO syllabuses.
- The decision of the organizers/ NECO is final and we shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
- Students are advised to check their results via the online platform that will be made available to them from May 21st 2018.
- We strongly recommend that students sit for the examination at centres nearest to them·
- Only qualified students will be contacted for the second stage (TV quiz) of the competition.
- The InterswitchSPAK National Science Competition is to discover Nigeria’s best science student.
Also Refer to: SPAK National Science Competition | Frequently Asked Questions