UNILORIN Acceptable & Unacceptable Modes of Dressing / Dress Code for Male and Female Students in University Campus.
All students are hereby reminded that there is a DRESS CODE put in place by the University which must be observed at all times.
University is determined to continue to impact positively on its
students not only intellectually but also morally in pursuit of its
avowed commitment to the development of TOTAL MAN. To this end, it will
award its degrees to only deserving students who have been found worthy
not only in learning but also in character. Students are therefore
strongly advised to exhibit good behaviour and dress decently at all
MALE STUDENTS SHOULD NOTE THAT:
- the hair should be neat and well combed at all time;
- the hair should not be coloured (except it is natural colour);
- the hair should be well kept and groomed always;
- the haircuts should not carry inscriptions;
- curled hair is not acceptable;
- artificial dread locks, plaiting, weaving o rbraiding of hair are not acceptable; and
- beards must be well kept.
FEMALE STUDENTS SHOULD NOTE THAT:
- weaving, plaiting, braiding, fixing and wigs are acceptable;
extensions with colours such as; Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Red, Pink,
and Purple or a combination of any of these colours are not acceptable;
- hair must be neatly packed and weaved;
- the hairstyle should not carry inscriptions;
- all wears must be below the knee level;
- pencil trousers are allowed but must be complemented with tops that cover the butt line; and
- all traditional and corporate wears that do not reveal sensitive parts of the body are acceptable.
mode of dressing of a student speaks volumes about him or her. In other
words, one’s appearance influences people’s perception of one’s person.
Students should, therefore, always dress responsibly to command
respect. All students must refrain from wearing INDECENT CLOTHINGS, if
they must be accorded respect and protect their dignity.
EVERY STUDENT MUST HANG STUDENT I.D. CARD ON HIS / HER NECK
You are hereby
required to note that the following constitute inappropriate mode of
dressing that will not be tolerated in the University environment
(including Lecture Halls, Library, Laboratories, Examination Venues,
Seminar Rooms, Faculties and Administrative building as well as in
- Dress that exposes any sensitive parts
of the body e.g. cleavage, chest, back, navel, thigh and armpit (clothes
that reveal the armpits when hands are raised e.g. sleeveless/half
- Tight fitting wears;
- Transparent/See Through Wears;
- Tattered Jeans/Ripped Jeans;
- T-shirts with obscene inscriptions, depicting immorality, hooliganism, etc.;
- Indelible markings and body tattoos by male students;
- Leggings/Jeggings trousers with shorttop;
- Skimpy dresses e.g. Spaghetti, Camisole only, body hugs, topless blouse and shorts;
- Bathroom slippers not acceptable within the administrative and academic areas;
- Heavy make-ups;
- Sagging trousers;
- Wearing of earrings by male students;
- Rumpled and dirty clothes;
- Skin/ear piercing by male students;
- Dread, Galax, Fadeoutand Rough Coil Haircuts, Unkempt Appearance; and
- Hair plaiting or weaving by male students.
Faculties and Departments have prescribed Dress Codes for their
students. Students in such Faculties or Departments are expected to
comply with such Codes.
THE WAY YOU DRESS DETERMINES THE WAY YOU ARE ADDRESSED.