Apply for the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP) 4th Edition for Nigerian Undergraduates Win N300,000 in Cash Prizes, See Eligibility, Application Guidelines for 2019/2020.
Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP) is an initiative of Poets in
Nigeria (PIN) aimed at stimulating literary creativity, promoting
literary excellence and encouraging critical thinking among Nigerian
undergraduates. Since inception in 2016 at the University of Ibadan, the
prize has received over 1500 entries from students representing over
100 tertiary institutions (including universities, polytechnics,
colleges of education, schools of nursing and seminary schools).
Reputed to be the foremost poetry prize for Nigerian students, the NSPP has been hosted by institutions such as University of Nigeria, Nsukka (2017) and Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu (2018). As host of the fourth edition of the prize, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Yenagoa, will be the venue for the NSPP awards ceremony slated for mid-2019.
- Open to all Nigerian undergraduates studying in Nigeria and the diaspora.
- Entrants must be from a recognized tertiary institution.
- 1st Prize – ₦150,000
- 2nd Prize – ₦100,000
- 3rd Prize – ₦50,000
rewarding the prize winners (top three entrants) with a total cash
prize of ₦300,000, the top 100 entrants will each receive a certificate
of excellence and complimentary copy of the NSPP anthology which
features their works.
Method Of Application
- Submissions are to be made at nspp.poetsinnigeria.org.ng , with strict adherence to the instructions thereon.
- Poems must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- An entrant is entitled to a single entry of 30 lines maximum.
- There are no fixed themes. Entrants can write on any relevant theme.
submitted must be previously unpublished. A submission discovered to
have defaulted on this rule will be automatically voided (inclusive of
- All entrants are expected to purchase a minimum of one of the three NSPP anthologies uploaded on the submission portal.
- Under no condition will the judges’ decision be challenged.
- Entering for the contest gives PIN automatic right to make use of entries as deemed appropriate.
- Entries must be written in English. Native terminologies must be translated in English as footnotes.
- Entrants should subscribe to www.poetsinnigeria.org.ng for regular updates.
Click here to Apply Here.
Submission Deadline: 15th March, 2019