National Open University, NOUN 2019/2020 8th Convocation Clearance & Academic Gown Collection
The National Open University, NOUN has announced the commencement date for clearance and academic gown collection of all graduates for the 8th convocation ceremony.
NOUN 8th Convocation Ceremony Graduation List 2019 – PDF Download
Important Information to all Graduating Students
All graduands should visit the students portal to complete the advancement form.
To access this form;
Login to your portal https://www.nouonline.net/gstud_login.php
Scroll to the bottom of the page
Click on “Graduands’ Form”
Fill the form by entering your details into the textboxes
Click submit then,
You are expected to present a copy of the printed form for clearance.
NOUN GUIDELINES FOR 2019 CONVOCATION GRADUATION CLEARANCE
1. Your name MUST be on the Graduation list
2. Provide evidence of correct registration of Courses and Exams by providing your Course and Exam Registration slips or complete E-Wallet.
3. Provide evidence of payment of
Jamb Regularization (6,000)
(Postgraduate: 10,000 , Undergraduate: 5,000)
4. All Graduating students, especially those whose names are on the New Website, must print out their E-Wallets from their portals
5. Proof of payment of CORRECT PROJECT FEE
6. Students that registered Projects before January 1, 2014 with 10,000 are free. But those that registered Project with 10,000 after the above date, must pay a balance of 5,000.
7. Any student with Negative balance in the portal must clear the balance before he/she can be cleared.
8. All Graduating Students must Pay CONVOCATION and REGISTRATION FEE of 15,000. Upon return of the Gown in good condition within the stipulated time, a refund of 5,000 will be made to the student into the student’s bank account.
9. The Payment of the 15,000 should be strictly for the CONVOCATION and REGISTRATION via REMITA website as shown below:
a) Logon to www.remita.net
b) Pay a federal Government Agency
c) Type: National Open University of Nigeria
d) Select: Miscellaneous
e) Description: Type your reason for payment (CONVOCATION and REGISTRATION FEE). If you are paying for any other item: Project Balance or Result Verification or Jamb Regularization, etc,. You state it there.
f) Name of Student and Matric Number. E.g (Nnamdi Udoka Samuel NOU123456789)
g) Phone number
h) E-mail address
i) Select bank Branch (please avoid using internet or Card payment to avoid issues)
j) Take your RRR to any commercial Bank for Payment.
k) Ensure you collect the RRR receipt from the Bank
The above can be done for you at the study centre Business office.
Clearance is done at the Accountant Office.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GRADUANDS
A. All those who have completed their
programmes and have been cleared for Convocation are to sign for and
receive academic gowns and guest invitation cards from their respective
Study Centres with effect from Friday 15th March, 2019.
1. Undergraduates are to collect the accompanying hoods at the Abuja Model
Study Centre, Dutsen Alhaji Junction, Kubwa Expressway , while
Postgraduate students are to collect theirs at the Wuse II Study Centre,
5 Dar Es Salaam Street, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II,Abuja , from
10:00 a.m. on Friday, 15th March, 2019.
2. They are required to present the following for sighting at the points of collection of the items:
i. Evidence of payment of a fee of Fifteen Thousand (N15,000.00) for the use of academic gowns and Convocation Register.
A duly completed and authenticated clearance form issued at the Study
Centre. The sum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) will be refunded upon
the return of the academic gowns and hoods to the respective Study
Please note that both items must be returned not later than Monday, 25th March, 2019 from 9.00 a.m. Failure to return the gowns
and hoods by the prescribed date shall attract a fine of N1, 000.00 per
B. Graduands are requested to assemble at designated
location(s) at the Convocation Arena on Saturday, 23rd March, 2019 between 6:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on a queue
according to their Faculties.
NO ONE, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE VENUE AFTER 9:00 A.M.
Commercial photographers/video operators are requested to register to
obtain clearance for operation. They are to register at the under-listed
location between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. from Monday, 10th March,
All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. Security officers will strictly enforce the “No gown, No entry” policy.
No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the arena. Graduands
are advised, without exception, to comply with this directive.
To access the Convocation Arena, each graduand is required to present a
tally which bears his/her Faculty name and a number. The tally will be
distributed at the entrance on a “first-come-first-served” basis.
It is a breach of security to find a graduand seated in the Arena
without a tally assigned to him/her. All guests of the University
(properly identified with their invitation cards) are to be seated not
later than 9.30 a.m.
iv. Parking lots have been provided for use
at the Convocation venue. Guests are to park their cars in areas
indicated in their invitation cards.
Graduands are hereby informed that Certificates will be ready for collection in June, 2019 in the following order:
i. Faculty of Management Sciences
ii. Faculty of Social Sciences & Faculty of Sciences
iii. Faculty of Education, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, CEMBA/CEMPA, ASCON
GRADUANDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONVOCATION VENUE BEFORE THE END OF THE CEREMONY. GRADUANDS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO COMPLY WITH THESE ARRANGEMENTS.