National Open University of Nigeria [NOUN] Undergraduates, Certificate, Diploma, Degree Courses Admission Form, Admission Requirements, Application Guidelines for 2019/2020 Academic Session.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates
for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates Programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to
determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support
facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide.
Please refer to Full List of Programmes Offered By The National Open University of Nigeria, [NOUN]
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will
NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without
possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not
less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a
relevant field may be considered on their merit.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and
NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree
programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to
make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes or equivalents at not more than two
(2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five
(5)merit passes or in combination with any equivalent qualification to
obtain five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates seeking admission
into the School of Law must have five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes
including English Language, Literature in English and at least a Pass in
Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ level
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences require that one of
the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must be in English Language, while
at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed
- For School of Business and Human Resources
Management, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English
Language and Mathematics.
- For School of Education, the five (5)
‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics
for Science Education; and English Language for all Humanities.
- For School of Science and Technology, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- NCE in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study;
Early Childhood and Primary Education Programme requires a minimum of
one (1) Merit and two (2) passes at NCE.
- At least two (2) ‘A’
level passes in relevant subjects obtained from International
Baccalaureate or IJMB and the pre-requisite number of ‘O’ level credit
passes. Candidates for entry into the School of Law must have a minimum
of second class (lower) degree from any recognized university with at
least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language,
Literature in English and a pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2)
sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and
Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’
level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences
Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered
for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for
B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have
‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First
Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may
be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should
however note that processing of application will not be completed until
entry requirements are met.
Method Of Application
The entire process is electronic and online for 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit https://www.nouonline.net/
- Select Undergraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Go to “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Click “Proceed”
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Pay as follow for NOUN online application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5, 000.00 (five thousand naira only)
Also Read: NOUN School Fees Schedule 2019/2020 | Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.