National Open University of Nigeria NOUN Postgraduate [PG] Admission Form Out 2019/2020
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates
for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
Postgraduate Diploma, Masters
Degree and Doctor Of /Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to
determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support
facilities are available at all our Study Centres Nationwide.
Available Postgraduate Programmes
Please refer to the Full List of Programmes Offered By The National Open University of Nigeria, [NOUN]
1. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES [PGD]
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree
Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd
class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3
years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science
or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree
in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences
from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must
possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In
addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2
2. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES [M.Sc]
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a
University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social
Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University
recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking
admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in
HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and
Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
3. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- Candidates must possess a good Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or any university recognized by the Senate of NOUN,
with a CGPA not below 3.50 on a 5.00 scale. Some Departments may seek
higher CGPA, while all Ph.D. candidates will be subjected to
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three
(3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well
acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate
School from which admission is requested.
Method of Application
The entire process is electronic and online for 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit https://www.nouonline.net/
- Select Postgraduate Programme
- Go to “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Click “Proceed”
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Pay as follow for NOUN online application forms:
- Postgraduate Programmes N10, 000.00 (ten thousand naira only)
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.