View/Download Official and New List of Illegal Universities/Degree Mills Closed/Shut Down by National Universities Commission [NUC] for 2019 Session.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) wishes to announce to the general public, especially parents and prospective undergraduates, that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have not been licensed by the Federal Government and have, therefore, been closed down for violating the Education (National Minimum Standards etc.) Act CAP E3 Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
NUC Lists Illegal Degree Awarding Universities In Nigeria – 2019 Edition
The “Universities” are:
1) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
4) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
5) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
7) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses
8) Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses
9) United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.
10) United Nigeria University College, Okija, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
11) Samuel Alunadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
12) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses.
13) Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its other campuses
14) The International University, Missouri, USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any of its campuses in Nigeria
15) Collumbus University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
16) Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
17) Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria’
18) London External Studies UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
19) Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
21) West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
22) Bolta University College Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
23) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna Illegal Campus
24) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
25) St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
27) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo Akwa lbom State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
28) Concept College/Universities (London) Ilorin or any of its campuses in Nigeria
29) Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria
30) Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria
31) Acada University, Alcinlalu, Oyo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
32) Fifom University, Mbaise, Imo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
33) Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria.
34) Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija, Anambra State
35) Open International University, Akure
36) Middle Belt University (North Central University), Otukpo
37) Leadway University, Ughelli, Delta State
38) Metro University, Dutse/Bwari, Abuja
39) Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State
40) Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State
41) Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja.
42) Temple University, Abuja 43) Irish University Business School London, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
44) National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
45) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos – Ibadan Expressway and its Annex at
41, Ikorodu Road, Lagos.
46) University of Education, Winneba Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
47) Cape Coast University, Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
48) African University Cooperative Development (AUCD), Cotonou, Benin Republic, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
49) Pacific Western University, Denver, Colorado, Owerri Study Centre.
50) Evangel University of America & Chudick Management Academic, Lagos
51) Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko Campus)
52) Career Lights Resources Center, Jos
53) University of West Africa, Kwali-Abuja, FCT
54) Coastal University, Iba-Oku, Akwa-Ibom State
55) Kaduna Business School, Kaduna
56) Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger State
57) West African Union University, in Collaboration with International Professional College of Administration, Science and Technology Nigeria, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
58) Gospel Missionary Foundation (GMF), Theological University 165 Iselo road, Cele bus stop, Egbe-Ikotun, Lagos.
In addition to the closure, the following Degree Mills are currently undergoing further investigations and/or ongoing court actions.
The purpose of these actions is to prosecute the proprietors and recover illegal fees and charges on subscribers.
1) National University ofNigeria, Keffi, Nasarawa State
2) North Central University, Otukpo, Benue State
3) Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, Enugu
4) Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia State.
5) West Coast University, Umuahia.
6) Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti State
7) Volta University College, Aba, Abia State.
8) Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University.
9) L.I.F.E Leadership University, Benin City, Edo State.
For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronizes or obtains any certificate from any of these illegal institutions does so at his or her own risk.
Certificates obtained from these sources will not be recognized for the purposes of NYSC, employment, and further studies.
The relevant Law enforcement agencies have also been informed for their further necessary action.
FUDMA Pre-Degree/Remedial Admission List 2018/19 | 1st
* This list of illegal institutions is not exhaustive.
Professor Abubakar Adamu Rasheed,
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION