Orcas Global Recruitment 2019 For Community Based Extension & Mobilisation Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Orcas Global Recruitment 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Orcas Global Recruitment 2019
Orcas Global is an indigenous business organisation established to provide innovative and environmentally friendly business products and services that address very unique socio-economic and environmental challenges in Ghana and Africa at large. We provide products and services in the field of agriculture, capacity building, and general logistics trade.
Unit: Programmes and Programme Quality (Field based position)
Tittle of Position: Community Based Extension & Mobilisation Officer (CBM Officer)
Location: Northern Ghana. Specifically; North Gonja, East Gonja, West Gonja, Tolon, Kumbungu& Tamale Metro
Restrictions: 1-year time specified contract (possibility of extension). Must have a legal right to live and work in Ghana.
Reports to: Programs Manager or an Assigned Superior
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Expected travel: Significant travel throughout your operational area. (85%) – and also to central training locations (15%)
• Participate in any M&E, capacity building and training sessions.
• Participate in training opportunities provided by the organisation.
• Create awareness and sensitise farmers on VSLA as a means for self-financing of agriculture activities.
• Establish VSLAs in the project operational districts.
• Promote crop insurance and subscribe farmers in the VSLAs to the policy.
• Engage in periodic team meetings to discuss progress.
• Maintain records of all events, minutes of meetings held and ensure these are shared your assigned superior.
• Participate in the review of data collected from the field and in any planned assessments and reviews for the programme.
• Lead in managing and resolving day-to-day project related challenges or issues affecting farmers.
• Conduct sessions on livelihood related activities with farmers.
• Undertake extension services for community based farmers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum certificate in agriculture extension, community development, or HND in marketing.
• Experience in mobilising communities, community leaders and young people to participate in programmes.
• Experience working with farmers living in rural / urban areas.
• Strong facilitation skills
• Good report writing skills
• Knowledge and familiarity with data collection tools and techniques
• Preparedness to work in a rural setting
• Strong problem solving skills appropriate for farmers
• Computer literacy; (word, excel, power point)
• Ability to motivate, support, or work with a team
• An ability to plan/schedule work activities independently, with minimum supervision.
Salary: Very Attractive and based on experience
Location: Northern Ghana – Specifically; North Gonja, East Gonja, West Gonja, Tolon, Kumbungu& Tamale Metro
How to Apply For the Job
Please send complete application to:
Please note, it must include a Letter of Motivation and CV with two referees.
Closing Date: 07 February, 2019