University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, UITH School of Health
Information Management (SHIM) Postgraduate Diploma, PGD (Full‐Time &
Part‐Time) Admission Form, Eligibility, Admission Requirements,
Duration of Course, Accommodation, Screening Exercise/Oral Interview for 2019/2020 Academic Session.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Post Graduate Diploma (HIM) programme, (full‐time and part‐time) of the School of Health Information Management for the 2019/2020 session
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are to proceed to the UITH Ilorin website www.remita.net
Payment of N10,000 for the printed form
The way to make payment into UITH Account is as follow:
▪ Log on to www.remita.net
▪ Click on Pay A Federal Government Agency
▪ Type in the Name of MDA University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital
▪ Select the Name of Service/Purpose you want to pay for
▪ Complete the necessary information
▪ Then proceed the payment.
After payment, the receipt generated will now be attached to form
already downloaded on the UITH Platform and bring to the Cash Office
confirmation and Stamping before submission to the School.
- Candidates for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Health Information Management shall possess HND or Degree in Health Information Management from a recognized institution.
- Also candidates with degree in Medical and allied courses such as Library and Information Science, Statistics, health economics, Computer Science, Anatomy, Health Informatics, Nursing, Epidemiology, MBBS are also eligible.
- In addition, candidates must certify the O’ level requirements of five (5) credits passes in Mathematics, English language and Biology plus two (2) other subjects.
Admitted Student will learn more about:
- Information Product and Services
- Health Information Marketing
- Health Policy Analysis etc.
DURATION OF COURSE
One (1) calendar year (Full‐Time Programme)
The course is non‐residential. However, there is limited accommodation on first come first serve basis.
All completed application forms with original receipt of payment must
reach the office of the Registrar, School’s Complex on or before Friday
15th February 2019..
Dates for Screening Exercise/Oral Interview have been fixed as follows:
- Date: Thursday 28th February 2019 – Friday 1st March, 2019.
- Venue:‐ University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital School Complex (Former Maternity Hospital) Amilegbe, Ilorin.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Candidate should please note that late completion and submission of forms will not be entertained.
- Any candidate with blurred or unclear passport photograph on the
form will not be admitted for the screening exercise as the photograph
will be used as a means of identification.
- Any candidate who fails to present himself or herself for the
screening exercise as scheduled will not be considered for admission.
- Applicant are advised to attend the exercise with the detached slip
from their application forms as well as their writing materials.
- The use of GSM and other electronic devices will NOT be allowed during the screening exercise.
- Photocopies of relevant documents must be clear and legible
- Evidence of change of names where applicable, must be attached to the application form
- The result of the screening exercise shall be published on the Hospital
website and on the school’s notice boards.