The postgraduate (PG) admission form of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) for 2018/2019 academic session is currently on sale. The details and instructions to apply for UNICAL postgraduate admission can be found below.
This is a notice that the University of Calabar (UNICAL) Postgraduate Application form for admission into 2018/2019 academic session has been released for sale by the management. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Calabar (UNICAL) postgraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
This post will also accommodate searches such as : UNICAL postgraduate form 2018/2019, UNICAL postgraduate admission list 2018/2019, University of Calabar postgraduate 2018/2019, University of Calabar postgraduate admission 2018/2019, University of Calabar postgraduate school fees, UNICAL postgraduate admission notification, UNICAL postgraduate 2018/2019, University of Calabar 2018/2019 postgraduate form.
Other UNICAL News
Do You Know You Can Score Above 280 in 2019 JAMB? Download JAMB CBT App Now and Start Practicing Past Questions and Answers. Click Here To Download It Now.
UNICAL Postgraduate – Available Programmes.
Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees are available in the underlisted Departments. For details of each programme and specific requirements, click here to access the prospectus for the complete description of available courses for 2018/2019 academic session.
- Faculty of Agriculture
Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Animal Science; Crop Science; Soil Science; Forestry and Wildlife Resource Management.
- Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
Medical Laboratory Science (Medical Microbiology/ Parasitology Unit, Chemical Pathology Unit, Histophathology Unit and Haematology Unit), Radiography and Radiological Sciences, Nursing Sciences.
- Faculty of Arts
English and Literary Studies; History and International Studies; Linguistics and Communication Studies; Religious and Cultural Studies; Philosophy; Theatre and Media Studies; Modern Languages and Translation Studies.
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Anatomy; Biochemistry; Pharmacology; Physiology.
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
Botany, Genetics & Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology and Environmental Biology.
- Faculty of Education
Arts Education; Business Education; Continuing Education and Development Studies; Curriculum and Teaching; Educational Administration and Planning; Educational Foundations, Guidance and Counselling; Environmental Education; Library and Information Science; Science Education; Social Science Education; Special Education.
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
Accounting, Banking and Finance; Business Management; Marketing.
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
Medicine and Dentistry; Community Medicine.
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
Geology; Mathematics; Statistics; Computer Science; Physics; Pure and Applied Chemistry.
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Economics; Geography and Environmental Science; Political Science; Sociology; Public Administration.
- Institute of Education
PGD Education, PGD Environmental Education
- Institute of Oceanography
Fisheries and Aquaculture; Physical Oceanography; Biological Oceanography
- Institute of Public Policy and Administration
PGD Public Administration; Policy and Administrative Studies (MPAS)
- Centre for Water Resources Management
UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
Courses may be offered full-time or part-time. All programmes begin with coursework and end with a project for Graduate Diploma, MBA, MPA and MPAS or thesis for Master’s and Ph.D degrees.
- Duration of Programme: For full-time studies the Postgraduate Diploma lasts for two (2) semesters. The Master’s degrees last for 4 semesters; and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes last for 6 semesters.
For part-time programmes, the Master’s degrees last for 6 semesters, the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) lasts for 10 semesters.
Note that PGD programmes run on full-time basis only.
- Requirements for Admission: Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale and 2.75 on a 4-point scale for Master’s programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for the Ph.D programmes.
A CGPA of 1.50 and above is required for PGD programmes. Candidates with Master’s degree from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D programme, provided that the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Graduate School.
Note: Filling of forms – Surnames first, First name next, Middle name last.
There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Therefore candidates must think through before submission as any change will attract a fee.
This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr, Miss or Mrs may be used but not Rev(Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be Ph.D, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, MPH, LLM, and PGD. No extension of application after 30th of November, 2018.
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 2 pages maximum for Ph.D programmes and one (1) page maximum for Master’s programmes.
The concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL highlighting what candidates intend to research on when admitted. It will have to cover the following:
- – Statement of the problem
- – Relevance of study to self and society
- – Aim(s) of the study
- – Justification
- – Methodology
- – Brief theoretical background
Note: Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms will not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE INDICATED BELOW.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN GRADUATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE THE SCREENING DAY.
Candidates whose transcripts are not received in the Graduate School by DECEMBER 14, 2018, shall NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
There will be no room for awaiting results (all applicants whose results have not been approved by the Graduate School Board/University Senate will not be considered for admission).
How to Apply for UNICAL Postgraduate Admission.
Interested candidates are to first check the prospectus for the complete description of available courses. click here to access the prospectus for the complete description of available courses for 2017/2018 academic year.
Thereafter, candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦16,000.00 at any bank nationwide via E-Transact platform for Graduate School application form 2018/2019 academic session.
A printout with a unique pin will be issued at the bank.
Candidates will then enter their unique PIN and their mobile phone numbers on www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions to access the form.
Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted and ensure that your form is submitted.
YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE, BY CLICKING ON PRINTbutton after submission.
Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening.
Process Flow of E-Scratch Card for UNICAL Postgraduate Application
- Walk into any bank across the federation and make payment on E-Transact platform to purchaseGraduate School application form for 2018/2019 academic session.
- Make a payment of ₦16,000.00 and obtain the payment slip.
- Go online to www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions
- Log on with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Postgraduate form.
UNICAL Postgraduate Application Deadline, Screening Schedule.
15th December, 2018 for MBA, MPAS, and all PGD candidates
While Saturday 16th December, 2018 is for Masters and Ph.D candidates. The screening test will be a computer based test as follows:
- Part A – Written, (Use of English Language, Logic, Mathematics, ICT and General Knowledge);
- Part B – Oral interview in the respective departments based on subject area/concept note for Ph.D and Master’s candidates.
- There shall be No oral interview for MBA, MPAS and all PGD programmes.
- Mock examination for Computer fluency is on Wednesday and Thursday 12th and 13th December 2018.
DEADLINE: The website for submission of application will be shut down on the 30th November, 2018. No extension of application after 30th November, 2018.
Admission / Available Programmes:
Issues with Online Forms:
08183626190, 08038207305, 08054367546
E-Mail: [email protected]
Also call the number on the last page of the Faculty publication for inquiry. All calls must be between 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m
Wait!! Before You Continue Reading, Check Out Our Recommended Package Below
- Do You Know You Can Score Above 280 in 2019 JAMB? Download JAMB CBT App Now and Start Practicing Past Questions and Answers. Click Here To Download It Now.
- Your School Post UTME Past Question And Answers in PDF Format Is Now Available. Get It And Start Preparing For Post-UTME Immediately Cos Admission Won’t Be Easy This Year Due To The High Number of Applicants. Click Here Now To Get It
- Do You Need Current Affairs and General Knowledge Questions and Answers For NAF, NPF or Navy Exams or you are going for an interview or Screening Examination? Click Here To Download Current Affairs PDF
- HOT!!!Are You a Student or a Worker? Do you know you can make at least N10,000 a day just by reading posts and commenting? Its 100% Risk Free. Click Here Now.