Apply/Register for the Ongoing 21st Edition MILO Basketball Championship/Tournament for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools [JSS1 – SS2] in Nigeria Nationwide – See Registration Guidelines, Tournament Date and Time For 2019/2020
The 21st edition of the MILO Basketball Championship is here! An
opportunity for champs to participate in the most rewarding tournament
for secondary schools.
The Championship Tournament is expected to feature over a 100, 000 School Students from across the Federation.
MILO Basketball Championship/Tournament Goal
- Provides Opportunities for the development of Young Nigerians.
- Imbibe Qualities such as: Determination, Teamwork, Discipline and Respect.
Rules and Regulations
The Nestlé MILO Secondary School Basketball Championship is open to all
male and female Secondary Schools recognised by their respective States
Ministry of Education.
- Only bonafide JSS1-SSSII students of each participating school are eligible to participate in the Championship.
- Students who have not spent one academic season in the school are not eligible to participate.
Interested schools will only be admitted into the Championship on
completion and submission of the Championship registration forms/photo
albums in triplicate for the School, NSSF, and NCSF.
- Participants are to register a maximum of 15 players per team.
- Any team with less than 8 players after the screening exercise will not be eligible to participate.
Each player is to fill out a registration form which should be duly
authenticated by his/her school principal, NSSF Sport Coordinator and
the Honorable Commissioner of Education in his/her respective state. Any
registration form not duly authenticated by the above mentioned
officers, shall be rejected.
These forms are to be submitted to the NSSF sports coordinator of the
Ministry of Education on or before the closing date specified in each
year of the Championship.
Participants are expected to produce their school ID cards before the
commencement of each match. This notwithstanding, the Organising
Committee at each stage of the Championship reserves the right to seek
further clarification in respect of any player whose identity is in
- The decision to disqualify a player is the prerogative of the Organising Committee and it is final.
Schools fielding ineligible players will be disqualified from the
Championship. Principals of such schools will be further sanctioned.
Only players duly registered from the state preliminaries stage will
participate in the Conference and National Finals of the Championship.
Secondary school students who have played in the National League or
National Sports Festival are not eligible to participate in the
2019 Nestle MILO Basketball Championship Registration Guidelines
To participate interested schools are advised to follow procedures below:
- Pick up a form from the School Sports Officer at the State Ministry of Education
- All forms must be filled and submitted as hard-copies at the State’s Ministry of Education by the end of 28th of February 2019.
- Only JSS1 – SS2 students below the age of 17 years are eligible to participate
- For further inquires, contact the School Sports Unit of the State Ministry of Education or call 08100131739.
- Click the Register Now button below to download the registration forms as PDFs.
- Click here to find contact information for your State’s Ministry of Education and Sports Coordinator
21st Edition MILO Basketball Championship Tournament Dates and Time 2019/2020
Atlantic Conference [Benin]: Friday 9th March – Thursday 15th March, 2018 Central Conference [Abuja]: Thursday 16th March – Thursday 23rd March, 2018 Emirates Conference [ Ilorin]: Thursday 5th April – Wednesday 11th April, 2018 Western Conference [Ibadan]: Thursday 12th April – Wednesday 18th April, 2018 National Finals [Lagos]: Friday 4th May – Friday 11th May, 2018