University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT 2018/2019 (ACE-PUTOR) Graduate Programme Admission Form Online
A collaboration of the University of Port Harcourt School of Public Health, Departments of Experimental Pharmacology, Nursing Sciences, Biochemistry, Centre for Health and Development, and Centre for Marine Pollution and Seafood Safety Supported by the World Bank, Association of African Universities and the National Universities Commission POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION INTO THE 2018/2019 SESSION.
Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for the underlisted courses administered by the Africa Centre of Excellence in Public Health and Toxicological Research (ACE-PUTOR). ACE-PUTOR is a platform to produce highly skilled and motivated public health professionals through cutting-edge research tailored to address health impacts of oil and gas activities, and contribute to building the human resource and knowledge base for development in Africa.
* Emphasis on collaboration and interdisciplinary research
* Irresistible drive for excellence
* Support for teaching
* Availability of a language laboratory for non-English students
* e-library facility
* Uninterrupted power supply
* Access to electronic learning resources
* Excellent learning environment
* Excellent students’ support services
* Uninterrupted learning calendar
* Dedicated hostel facility for students
* Local and international internship placements
* Support for conference participation and research publication
* Transparent academic governance
* Partnerships, networks and collaborations – industry, sectors, academic institutions
* Highly supportive central university administration
* Location is in the epi-centre of oil & gas exploration in Africa
* Scholarships opportunities especially for regional students
* Compelling business and value prepositions
* Scholarship for regional and meritorious Nigerian students
2018/2019 admission offers:
- PhD in Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, Public Health Nutrition
- Master of Science (MSc) in Midwifery/Child Health
- Postgraduate Diplomas (PGD) in Fertility Nursing Education
- Short courses leading to the award of CMEs/CPDs, certificate
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Fertility Nursing Education: Applicants shall be required to have a good University first degree in Nursing Science, Registered and licensed as a Nurse or Midwife.
Master Programme in Midwifery/Child Health: Candidates would be required to have a
Bachelor of Nursing Sciences with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than Second Class Upper Division. Those with a high Second Lower Division with CGPA above 3.0 may be considered.
Bachelor of Science Midwifery with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than Second Class Upper Division. Or A high Second Lower Division with CGPA above 3.0 may be considered.
Must be a trained and licensed nurse
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme: Eligible candidates for these competitive programmes would have
Completed an MSc degree in appropriate majors, with a CGPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale.
Candidates with master’s degrees in food sciences and technology, food microbiology and other related courses can apply for the PhD in public health nutrition
In addition to the above requirements, all candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
Programme Duration (Minimum)
- Full-time – 12 months (minimum) to 18 months (maximum)
- Part-time – 18 months (minimum) to 24 months (maximum)
- Full-time – 12 months (minimum) to 24 months (maximum)
- Part-time – 24 months (minimum) to 36 months (maximum)
Full-time – 36 months (minimum) to 48 months (maximum)
Part-time – 48 months (minimum) to 60 months (maximum)
Methods of Instruction
The curriculum is flexible, modular, intensive and premised on developing the knowledge, skills and competences of students from diverse academic backgrounds to becoming industry ready professionals.
Both e-learning and classroom modes of teaching/learning are available with strong emphasis on competency-based learning, self-directed learning, blended learning and application of a range of technology-based educational applications to enhance pedagogical effectiveness.
Lectures are delivered by renown faculties from the University of Port Harcourt and other Universities, industry/sector experts from Nigeria and Abroad. The UniPort is an entrepreneurial University and all programmes are designed with periods of internship to enhance the production of industry/sector-ready professionals.
Students are provided multi-disciplinary and highly motivated team of local and international supervisors as well as other logistical supports to ensure that their thesis are completed in record time.
Innovations, patents and commercialisation of research outputs are also strongly encouraged.
Method of Application:
Details of the methods of application for PGD Fertility Nursing Education, MSc Midwifery/Child Health, PhD Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology and Public Health Nutrition can be obtained from the website: http://www.aceputor.uniport.edu.ng
Completed forms, reference letters, statement of purpose and official transcript shall be submitted with a non-refundable application fee of N20,000 (twenty thousand Naira only) before the 8th of May 2019.
STEPS IN APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION PROCESS
(1) Pay the sum of #20,000 (Twenty thousand naira only) as application fees in U&C Microfinance Bank
(2) Download the following forms from www.aceputoruniport.edu.ng OR www.aceputoruniport.org
(3) Submit completed Forms as in (2) above to ACE PUTOR Office attaching the following documents:
(a) West African Examination Council Certificate (WAEC) and/or its equivalent.
(b) Copies of credentials (WAEC or equivalent, University degrees certificate(s) and updated curriculum vitae (2 pages only)
(c) National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate or due Exemption Certificate (for candidates from Nigeria)
(d) Statement of purpose (see instruction)
(e) Teller for Payment of Application Fee
(4) Apply for, follow up and cause Transcript to be sent to CENTRE FOR PUBLIC HEALTH AND TOXICOLOGICAL RESEARCH. P.O. BOX Box 358 Uniport Post Office, Choba Park, Rivers State, Nigeria WITH THE TRANSCRIPT LABEL
(5) Await receipt of offer of admission after review by recognized institutions (for regional students) or screening scheduled for 18th and 19th of May 2019 at the University of Port Harcourt (for Candidates living in Nigeria)
(6) If you are admitted, pay acceptance fee of #100,000 (One hundred thousand naira only) in U & C Microfinance Bank if your application is successful
(7) Last date of submission of application documents is 8th of May 2019.
Tel: +234(0)8136592033, +234(0)8129429447
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com